Mixing and Editing
In sound recording and reproduction, audio mixing (or “mix down”) is the process which commences after all tracks are recorded and edited as individual parts. The mixing-process can consist of various processes but are not limited to setting levels, setting equalization, using stereo panning, and the addition of effects. The way the song is mixed has as much impact on the way it sounds as each of the individual parts that have been recorded. Dramatic impacts on how the song affects the listeners can be created by minor adjustments in the relationship among the various instruments within the song.
Audio mixing is utilized as part of creating an album or single. Mixing is largely dependent on both the arrangement and the recordings. The mixing stage often follows a multitrack recording, this process is generally carried out by a mixing engineer. Here at Rezonate Studios we do all this work for you at the highest quality and industry standards. After mixing, a mastering engineer prepares the final product for reproduction on a CD, for radio, or otherwise which we can also do if you require.
Our Online Mixing Rates
– Up to 16 Stems per song – $200 AUD
– Up to 32 Stems per song – $250 AUD
– Any other major editing / vocal tuning / timing etc (if required) $50 per hour on top of price
Before Submitting your audio files for mixing:
- Ensure all tracks are aligned within your project/DAW session and have the same starting point
- Audio tracks should be exported as 24bit, 44.1Khz or 48Khz WAV files
- Please keep effects minimal or completely NO effects if possible. (Only include effects you consider musical to your instrumentation) No effects at all is best.
- All MIDI tracks should be bounced down to audio tracks (stereo synth instruments should be rendered down to stereo tracks as required)
- Ensure the panning of every track is in the center
- Please label each track clearly (i.e. KickDrum, Snare, HiHat, Lead Vocal, Guitar etc)
- It is important there are absolutely no effects on the master output buss on export of your audio tracks
- Output peak level should be in the green- not in the red- peaking at around minus -6db.
- Please place all audio files into a zip file and label clearly with the artist name, song name and bpm (beats per minute)
- Upload your files to our server or you may send them to us through DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive ect to Admin@RezonateStudios.com